Feast your eyes on this! I came upon this recipe one day last week. I had just come in from trimming Boxwood shrubs, and I was craving something tasty and hearty. I found it on Seaweed & Sassafras. When I saw the photo of her sandwich, I knew I had to make it! This is how mine looked:
I used organic hormone-free chicken breasts and sliced them in two pieces horizontally. I also substituted olive oil for Grapeseed oil (using what I had on-hand). The Cayenne is the perfect touch! I made only a portion of the batch...but I wished I had cooked more!
PAN FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICH
3 - 4 Tablespoons Grapeseed oil (or whatever you have on hand)
1 pound organic chicken breasts (sliced in two horizontally)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon salt
1 Tablespoon pepper
1 - 2 teaspoons Cayenne pepper
2 eggs, beaten
bread of choice
lettuce, tomato (other toppings of your choice)
Jalepeno Ranch dressing (I substituted mayo)
1. In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, pepper, Cayenne. Set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
2. Add the oil to skillet and heat on medium-high.
3. As the oil warms up, prepare one piece of chicken by first dipping in flour mixture, then eggs, and AGAIN in flour. When the oil is hot, add the first piece of chicken. Dredge the rest of the chicken the same way.
4. Cook each side until it is a deep golden brown-- about 5 to 6 minutes each side. (If necessary turn heat down to medium.) Chicken is done when there is no pink left.
5. Remove chicken breasts to a plate covered with paper towel to absorb any last oil.
6. Assemble sandwich...and enjoy!